Most airports have car parking lots which offer parking services to passengers who use the airport to fly to different destinations. Some airports have parking services on-site, off-site, or both on-site and off-site, and Adelaide airport is no exception. You can leave your car for a long time at the airport parking, if the airport you are about to use has the long-term parking. In this article we will focus on Adelaide Airport as a great example.
Adelaide airport is located in Adelaide, which is one of the biggest city of South Australia. The airport is ranked the fifth busiest airport in Australia serving approximately 8 million passengers annually.
On top of that, Adelaide airport parking services are closer to the terminal of the airport for convenience and easier transport from the parking lot to the terminal and back.
The Airport has several car parking options which assure you of the security of your car at the airport for more than a week.
Advantages of Parking at Adelaide Airport
Passengers who park at Adelaide airport enjoy the following benefits:
– Affordable parking rates that will not strain your budget.
– The parking lots are monitored and secured 24 hours daily.
– The airport has maintenance sections where your car can be serviced at affordable charges.
– The Airport has advanced systems that help you know which parking space is empty.
– The airport is orderly and locating your car when you arrive back is not a complicated task.
Adelaide Parking Rates
Parking services at Adelaide Airport can be categorized into two:
- Parking On-Site where you park your car within the premises of the airport.
- Parking Off-Site where you park your car outside but closer to the premises of the airport.
- Terminal Car Parking – There are approximately 1650 secure parking spaces in this option. Furthermore, charging is done in hourly increments. 0-30 minutes are charged $5, 30-60 minutes are charged $10, 1-1.5 hours are charged $16, 1.5-2 hours are charged $18, 2-3 hours are charged $22. The prices increase to a daily rate of $42 for 24 hours. These charges are slightly higher than the other options because the parking spaces are closest to the terminal of the airport.
- Long-Term Car Parking – It takes approximately 10 minutes to walk from these parking areas to the terminal. However, there are shuttle buses which transport passengers from long-term parking spaces to the terminus of the airport. In this parking option, you pay $31 daily, $105 weekly, and an addition of $10 per day for each additional day after a week.
- Andrew’s Airport Parking Adelaide – Andrew’s Airport has approximately 600 parking spaces. The airport provides affordable parking services throughout the year to passengers using Adelaide Airport.
- Street Parking – Although you can park your car for free along the streets closer to Adelaide airport, this alternative is not preferred by passengers because of security issues.
In Adelaide Airport, you can make payment directly to manned pay stations in the airport or through the following accepted cards: American Express, MasterCard, and Visa.
Additional Parking Alternatives
Additionally, the airport has special parking facilities that accommodate vehicles of people with disabilities, oversized cars, and bicycles/motorcycles.
To sum it all, understanding the different packages at Adelaide airport parking is vital for helping you to select the best choice for your budget and the duration of your trip. You can, therefore, leave your car at Adelaide Airport for a week or more.